veryinvisible

veryinvisible

Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 01
Hiromu Arakawa
Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Search, Part 2
Gurihiru, Gene Luen Yang, Michael Dante DiMartino, Bryan Konietzko, Dave Marshall
Slated  - Teri Terry I was hooked on the story even before I started reading. The idea of criminals getting a second chance (as long as they are 16 years or younger) by erasing their memories, by being Slated, really intrigued me. Of course its not how it seems at all. It was obvious from the start there was something different about Kyla. You don't know what her past is, and neither does she, but its obvious she is different and on that idea alone made me want to know more. Soon Kyla starts school and meets a variety of people. There isn't a whole lot of romance in the story but that just keeps you on edge when ever there is a possible chance for it, which is a nice change from a lot of stories that are ruined because the romance is in your face all the time. When people start going missing is when it starts to get serious. Kyla begins to question where the missing people went, which is not something slaters do at all. Her curiosity catches on to her friend, Ben, who starts to think differently than before, and together they try to find out where the missing people have gone. In the end, all the pieces line up for Kyla leaving you wondering what she will do with this information.